How to Beat Radahn in Elden Ring? Full Guide
Although wars in Elden Ring are renowned for being difficult, none are more difficult than one with Starscourge Radahn. He has the skills to take you out in a matter of seconds, and it’s not just that the arena is massive and there is a lot of ground to cover.
Nearly all of Radahn’s moves can defeat you in one blow; there are no conditions, and there is no chance for recovery. The ones you do manage to survive are followed by another attack that restarts you. This means that despite the boss fight being relatively passive, you must maintain your concentration the entire time.
Well, we know Starscourge Radahn is an optional boss; defeating him is necessary for a particular ending and grants access to Nokron, Eternal City. However, in order to enter Leyndell Castle, you only need to take out two Shardbearers, so make your decision carefully if you want to maintain your sanity.
This guide will explain Radahn’s techniques, how to use your resources effectively, and the best ways to defeat him in the game. After completing the dungeons for Stormveil Castle and the Academy of Raya Lucaria, the war will take place halfway through Elden Ring. But here’s everything you can do to defeat Radahn in Elden Ring.
Also Read: God of Ragnarök: How to Beat Heimdall?
Where you can Find Starscourge Radahn?
You must first finish the Caria Manor in Liurnia of the Lakes’ northwest region in order to reach General Radahn on the other side of Redmane Castle.
- At the top, once you’ve defeated Royal Knight Loretta, you can travel to Ranni’s Rise and start a new quest with her. When you defeat The Royal Knight Loretta, you can travel to Ranni’s Rise and start a new quest with her. With the help of your longtime Welsh wolf’s friend, Blaidd, she will tell you where to find the lost city of Nokron.
- Go to the lift that is east of the Mistwood Ruins in Lingrave to find him. After going down and moving forward through, you will eventually see a stone building on your right.
- On the other cliff, Blaidd will be visible on the map screen above. When you return, he will tell you to speak with Selvus, whose tower is located southeast of Ranni’s. Take the object he gives you to the sorcerer in Limgrave’s Waypoint Ruins after speaking with him.
- After this, go back to Blaidd underground and then go to the Impassable Greatbridge Site of Grace in Caelid’s southeast. Pass through the portal to the bridge’s left, then take the path that leads to the courtyard.
- Speak with the crier perched on the wall in front of you and then exit the building via the lift behind him. Here is the last teleporter, which will take you to the Radahn.
How to Beat Radahn?
There will be two strategies we will give you: Melee Strategy and Ranged Strategy. Well, how many strategies do you use? It won’t be easy, as he will test us in every direction, and we need to give him a tough fight and end this war here.
Due to the Rock Sling Sorcery’s extreme power in this battle, ranged users may have an advantage over other types of players when facing Radahn.
Use both the Meteorite Staff and this spell to your advantage if you have them. Radahn will become stunned after only three to four Rock Sling strikes, allowing you to quickly complete the first phase.
Keep your distance from him while summoning and firing at him. This tactic will soon bring down the general. The use of poisonous arrows and spells will be very beneficial in reducing Radahn’s health while he is crushing around on the field and far from you.
We strongly advise you to bring a melee weapon that can inflict the Bleed or Rot ailments, as Radahn is vulnerable to those if you insist on not using Torrent. Then, we advise using the NPC summons to get his attention so you can launch a number of unopposed attacks to accumulate your status effects.
To bring back fallen NPCs in the second phase, you’ll need to sprint around the battlefield and dodge numerous attacks. The presence of NPCs is essential in this fight, specifically for ground-based melee combatants.
Just remember to be patient, deal with each attack one at a time, and try to inflict ailments on him too often to drain a sizable portion of his health.
Also Read: How to Beat Calamity Ganon in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Explained